I am a huge lover of bold color,
last year I taught a mosaic class with a concentration on color. That course had me studying fun color trivia facts. This year I want to continue to celebrate color in every possible way that I can. This month my assistant Brittany and I have started sharing color trivia over on our Art Paw Face Book Page. Today I will post just a couple of trivia image posts that I created for our news feed. Below that I will share some animal related color trivia … enjoy.
Animal Color Trivia Facts:
• Bees can’t see the color red, but they can see all other bright colors. Red flowers are usually pollinated by birds, butterflies, bats, and wind, rather than bees.
• The scarlet ibis gets its color from the red crabs it eats
• Did you know that Goldfish lose their color if kept in dim light. Similar to humans, they need sunlight to keep their pigment.
• Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color.
• A squid can change color and pattern in 700 milliseconds-almost in the blink of an eye
• Schizochromatic (what a mouthful!) is a term meaning that an animal does not have a color that it normally would have.
• If a creature is xanthochromatic then it had more yellow in it than normal.